Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Request for Help: next branch

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Request for Help: next branch
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 16:25:42 -0400

FYI that for MacPorts users, I just updated the gnuradio-next port to "51c234b2
(20180626)" ... not quite the latest commit, but nearly. I'll update again next
week to whatever the latest commit is at the time & continue to do so roughly
weekly as changes are committed.

There are a bunch of changes for dependencies for this new gnuradio branch,
which hopefully work automatically for MacPorts users now. These took me some
time to sort out & verify that MacPorts provides, and how to get them as
dependencies -- so, I might have missed one (or more), or picked an incorrect
one.

If you decide to try installing the gnuradio-next port, you'll need to
"deactivate" your current gnuradio port (whether "gnuradio" or
"gnuradio-devel"; you can always just do
{{{
sudo port -f deactivate "gnuradio*" and active
}}}

If you do try installing the gnuradio-next port, I'd love to hear feedback ...
off-list is probably best. Success? Failure? OSX / MacOS X / macOS users can
help here!

I, too, am really excited to finally get the next branch merged into master and
made mainstream!

Cheers! - MLD

ps> "make test" mostly works when using +python27:

* the zeromq blocks sometimes pass and sometimes don't, but that's the same for
next, release, or devel.

* the only other errors are:

+ qa_hier_block2: in the 14th test ("test_014_disconnect_input_neg"), I see
"RuntimeError: input port number -1 out of range for nop(152)" ... which maybe
is that a runtime error is being throw & not caught in Python since the name
suggests that this might be expected?

+ qa_fecapi_dummy: in the first test ("test_extended_pack_data"), the
vector_source_b argument is of an incompatible type.

I'll try reinstalling using +python36 & see how that goes ... sounds like it
might be a little messy still.