Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E310: Setting "master clock"

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E310: Setting "master clock"
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:00:19 -0400

On 07/12/2018 01:49 PM, Martin Braun wrote:
On 07/10/2018 01:40 PM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
It seems to work properly. I get indications during start up that the
E310 is selecting the clock_rate per my settings, and it's also not
throwing any decimation error when I deliberately mismanage the
clock-sample rate ratio.

So, does anyone see a problem with what I've done or how?
Is there a doc with these settings spelled out?  I recall digging hard
even for samp_rate and center_freq.

Thanks!

Mike

Actually, normally, the master_clock_rate is set in a device argument:
The AD9361-based devices allow modifying the sample rate at runtime, and
the E310 is one of those devices.

-- M

Yes, but GRC doesn't really provide any way of modifying the *master clock rate* at runtime--the methods are in gr-uhd, but there's no runtime way of using them if you stick to GRC (unless there are messages that can do this, which I missed).