[Discuss-gnuradio] uhd::usb_error: RuntimeError: USBError -9: usb tx2 su

From: George Rykowski
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd::usb_error: RuntimeError: USBError -9: usb tx2 submit failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 14:46:32 -0500

I have been seeing this error regularly for a couple weeks. As I am running my code, the error stops execution, on average, approximately every 10 minutes (though, once or twice, I have received the error quickly in sequence). My code is simple: I am reading in a recorded waveform (using File Source) and sending, over USB3, to a USRP B210 for transmission (using UHD: USRP Sink).

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type uhd::usb_error: RuntimeError: USBError -9: usb tx2 submit failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE

>>> Done (return code -6)

My laptop is a MacBook Pro 2018 using MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6, and running GNUradio Companion 3.7.13.4.

Has anyone seen this error? If yes, any hints as to how I can fix?