[Discuss-gnuradio] Merging next into master (~3d code contribution freez

From: CEL
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Merging next into master (~3d code contribution freeze starting tomorrow)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 17:50:08 +0000

Hi, coolest SDR community since Fourier solved his first integral,

so, it's come to the point that I'd like to merge the next branch into
the master branch.

That means we're getting closer to 3.8 – yay!
But it also means that I'll have to freeze the PR pipeline for until
that merge is done - meh.

So, let's coordinate this:

Tomorrow, 7:00 UTC I'll simply stop looking at new PRs until I've
finished the merge and pushed the merge commit. You're still welcome to
submit PRs, but please be aware that you might need to instantly rebase
them after. But, if you've been doing PRs against next in the last
couple weeks (looking at the awesome Volker and Hakon especially here),
then you probably have a fairly good idea whether that rebase will be
hard or not.

The merge is – hopefully – not going to take long. Due to other things
that I need to take care of, I can't spend the whole day on it, but I
hope it'll be done by Friday evening (UTC).

I know there's still plenty of bugs on next, and they'll still be there
on master after the merge. Point is, we've got next into a state that's
actually useful enough for debugging as it passes all unit tests and
GRC is basically useful again. So, let's fix these things on master
instead of some abstract branch called next, and let's have a GNU Radio
3.8. alpha version at GRCon!

If you've got any questions regardinig this, don't be afraid to follow
up here on the mailing list, on IRC, or even in private.

Best regards,
Marcus