[Discuss-gnuradio] Generating carrier from samples

From: Milos Milosavljevic
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Generating carrier from samples
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 23:57:50 +0100

Dear All,

From my own DFT output I am calculating top frequencies. I want to take each of the calculated frequency (e.g. my calculation gives me something like -2400, 1024, 0, 0, 0, -2400) and generate a carrier with the corresponding frequency. The algorithm is correct and the implementation seems fine.

But I tried using the Freq Modulator block to give me the carrier but the output is just too distorted. What would be the best way to go around this?

I have something like this:
Input (stream) -> StreamToVector(1024 vlen) --> DFT (out is vector of top freqs of len 512) --> VectorToStream (512) --> Repeat(Interpolate by 2) --> FreqMod(sensitivity -1.0/(float(samp_rate)/(2*pi)))

Any comments will be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Milos