Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Will gnu radio embedded run on a zynq (pynq) deve

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Will gnu radio embedded run on a zynq (pynq) development board?
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 06:54:08 -0400

On 10/07/2018 12:03 AM, Tom Cipollone wrote:
> Hi, my first foray into gnu radio. I am interested in the embedded form of
> gnu radio. I have been doing extensive reading in the documentation and
> found that WRT xilinx zynq development boards there is a guide
> https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Zynq but there are warnings about the
> instructions being OBSOLETE.
>
> The warning says "Development moves rapidly in Open Embedded and GNU Radio
> which unfortunately means this guide has become out of date and the
> instructions will likely fail. For now, please refer to our Embedded
> <https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Embedded> and OpenEmbedded
> <https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/OpenEmbedded> pages for the latest GNU
> Radio on Zynq information".
>
> I have gone to the OpenEmbedded pages but have found no further
> instructions as to how to port gnu radio to a zynq board.
>
> Is anyone currently working with a zynq board and can they provide some
> direction?

I do a lo of work with board support packages for custom Zynq hardware
these days. So I haven't had much time for the public docs :(

The best public example for zynq is:

https://github.com/balister/sdr-build/tree/rocko-e300

I took a quick look for a conf file for the pynq board and didn't see one.

Philip