[Discuss-gnuradio] Setting and Clearing Buffers To Only Output Desired D

From: Frankie Cruz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting and Clearing Buffers To Only Output Desired Data
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 21:40:05 -0500

I'll start off by saying that I'm very new/green to GNURadio and I have yet to fully grasp how everything works, but I'd like to get a better handle on the I/O buffers and how the scheduler handles data.  I'm currently utilizing  Dr. Bastial Bloessl's ieee802-15-4 modules to detect and store preambles.

I've modified some of his packet_sink.cc/.h source code such that an additional complex input sink  and output complex sink are generated.  I've also modified his provided ieee802_15_4_OQPSK_PHY.py example so that the USRP source and clock recovered data are being fed into the preamble_sink block so that detected preambles can be output to storage or display (see the attached png with the block I'm working on pointed to).

I'd like to know how to properly use the general_work and forecast (or any other functions that I'm not utilizing...) in a custom block in c++ to:

1 - Only output collected inputs that meet a criteria and discard everything else without crashing/halting the entire system.
2 - Correctly set multiple input/output buffers using forecast() and general_work() such that I get my desired inputs and outputs buffers somewhat consistently loaded with a set amount of data.(i.e. I can consistently load the buffers with 10 gr_complex on input0, 5 float on input1, and 10 gr_complex on output0 elements).

I've gone over the GNURadio Manual and C++ API site and various pdf files/demos, but my block either freezes up or doesn't get the proper buffer sizes...Anywho, figured it was time to reach out to the pro's for any lifeline/example's that could help.

--
v/r
Frankie C