Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Decoder Breaking when adding noise

From: Matthew J. Brandsema
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Decoder Breaking when adding noise
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 20:35:22 +0000

Ah thanks! Makes perfect sense!

For my transmit/receive issue, I found out there is always a random phase offset upon tuning of the LOs.  So I set up a matlab script that will correlate the two IQ streams and find this offset.  While it is still running, I implement this offset in GNU and I do indeed see the BER drop.

The issue is, it doesn't drop very deep. Certainly not like the example simulation.  I need to investigate the waveforms to see if there is too much noise.  I will look at this over the next few days and if I have any more questions I will report back here.  I don't want to overstay my welcome in regards to asking too many questions.

Thanks again!