[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Google Summer of Code 2019 is approaching!

From: Wunsch, Felix (CEL)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Google Summer of Code 2019 is approaching!
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:33:30 +0000

Hi all,

GSoC 2019 is coming closer and it's again time to polish our ideas list [0]! There's still quite a number of old projects but we also definitely need new ones. I also strongly suspect that having the same ideas on your list as the previous year is not a plus when it comes to Googles decision if we're going to get accepted or not. So, get creative! Add ideas to the list and/or feel free to discuss them here. There's a feature you always wanted that is feasible to do in three months of coding and that GR users would benefit from? This is the perfect opportunity to introduce new people and future contributors to GR and at the same time get stuff done!

For the timeline: GSoC application phase for mentoring organizations starts January 15, 2019 and ends about 3 weeks later. So please mark January 15 as the deadline in your calendars! We will need the remaining time to go over the project ideas and submit the application, there's really no need to become hectic in the last 24 hours. On February 26 we will then find out if we're accepted and if that's the case, students can start to introduce themselves here on the list. Find the full timeline here [1].

GSoC can't work without your ideas and your help, so start thinking and let's make this another successful GSoC for GNU Radio!

Cheers,

Felix

[0] https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GSoCIdeas

[1] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline

PS: I have agreed to take on the role as org admin for another year (which I'm happy to do). If you, however, want to do the job, please contact me! It's not my intention to keep anyone interested from admin'ing.