[Discuss-gnuradio] CC1101 GFSK packet decode with variable length

From: Alban Meffre
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CC1101 GFSK packet decode with variable length
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 01:00:24 +0100

Hi
I would like to decode a simple GFSK packet

here is the packet structure :
preamble : AAh x 4
sync word : D391h
length byte : 1 byte
payload : 1 to 64 bytes
CRC : 2 bytes

TX : arduino + CC1101 module, 2GFSK, 100kbps, excursion 50kHz, carrier 433 MHz
RX : RTLSDR

until now i was able to demodulate the signal and add a "sync" tag using the correlate access code.

my goal is to extract the payload and send it to a file or a socket.
is there a simple way to do that without writing my own block ?

i can't go further, because i do not manage to find the info i need
i do not know where to start : stream, tagged stream, PDU, messages, etc..
i do not figure out how to use these tag for variable length. nothing clear in the doc

i'd be glad if someone helps me
best regards
bob