Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding convolutional decoder usage in

From: Adrian Musceac
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding convolutional decoder usage in FEC extended decoder API
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 23:09:31 +0200

Replying to myself since I've actually taken the time to read the code
instead of asking stupid questions. There is no need for the rail
block since the clipping is done in the float to uchar conversion. The
range is 7 bits per symbol since one of the bits of the uchar is
acting like a sign bit, and the real question I have is how was the
number by which to multiply the symbol value derived, since this looks
like it depends on the signal scaling (AGC)?

Thanks,
Adrian