[Discuss-gnuradio] BER Example - With QT Gui Chooser for Different Modul

From: Luis Felipe Albarracin Sanchez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER Example - With QT Gui Chooser for Different Modulations Issue
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:47:25 -0500

Hello all,

I am exploring  the BER measurements in GNU Radio for different modulations (I know Error Rate is deprecated) but i tried the example under the digital folder for BER measurement and I understood all the flowgraph.

After this i wanted to change the modulation in the QT GUI so i added a QT Gui Chooser as seen in the flowgraph below:

Captura de pantalla de 2019-01-21 18-37-34.png

Attached is the flowgraph for reference.

When i add this i expected that the Constellation would change accordingly, but it does not  when i choose a different constellation with the chooser, for instance if the default value in the chooser is QPSK it shows at the beginning:

Captura de pantalla de 2019-01-21 18-44-25.png

But  If i switch in the same running time to 8-PSKn it shows:

Captura de pantalla de 2019-01-21 18-44-44.png

Which is not an 8-PSK modulation scheme.

I would appreciate some help,. regarding what i am doing wrong  for choosing a Modulation through the QT GUI.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.