[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion crashes without any error.

From: Sumit Kumar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion crashes without any error.
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 07:53:27 +0100

Hi,

I am having this issue on a freshly installed Ubuntu 16.04 machine.

I installed GNU Radio using apt-get and then gr-ieee 80211. While running an example of gr-ieee 80211 (wifi_loopback.grc), it runs for a while and stops -- no error or any log on the terminal at all.

Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmpb0_G6DBc

In an another case, while running ofdm_loopback.grc located in /usr/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/ofdm/

, the ofdm_loopback generates 39 packets correctly, before exiting with the error "std::bad_alloc" for packet 40 and 41.

It is a formatted new laptop, and everything is clean, no residue of the previous install, etc. Could anyone please give me a clue to debug it.

Let me know if more information is needed.

Regards

Sumit