Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bit stuffing DVB-S TX example ?

From: Raydel CM2ESP
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bit stuffing DVB-S TX example ?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 23:38:35 +0000

Hi,

I had the same issue, ffmpeg will not provide CBR for MP4 , you might end-up with variable bit rates on the TS stream. I had some good success with a target bit rate on ffmpeg around 150% of the bit rate set on GNURadio. But this will only work with real time inputs like webcam, when trying to run with pre-recorded videos or files I had a huge headache to get a "real" speed on the Rx side.

My set-up was similar to yours ffmpeg+gnuradio+hackrf one and rtlsdr+sdrangel on rx

Using a webcam as input it worked fine for me with around 125 to 150% bit rate on ffmpeg over the one at the gnuradio/sdrangel value.

Let me know if you want to know more about my settings.

Regards,

Raydel, CM2ESP