[Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus E310 & MIMO -- data rate?

From: Rob Heig
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus E310 & MIMO -- data rate?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:51:02 +0100

Hi,

I've bought an Ettus E310 board and I am trying to use it for a MIMO project, but I am encountering several issues.

In particular, I have created a GNU Radio design, compiled it as Python script (as illustrated on the page https://kb.ettus.com/Streaming_processed_data_from_the_E31x_with_GNU_Radio_and_ZMQ), modified it (because it was complaining due to a
TypeError: push_sink_make() takes at most 5 arguments (6 given)
error with the ZMQ sink) and scp'd to the board.

What I've found is
(1) I cannot set an arbitrary sampling rate (for instance 9.1428M), but I am required to set e.g. 4M.
(2) even with small sampling rates (like 2M), and despite a 10MB buffer in between the USRP source and the ZMQ sink, the system keeps overflowing.

The design I'm using is depicted here: https://ibb.co/GVJxwcm

- Am I doing anything wrong?
- What is the sampling rate I am supposed to achieve?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Best,
Rob