Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Extending and Updating gr-radar

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Extending and Updating gr-radar
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 20:31:35 +0000

Hi Talha,

thanks for reaching out! We're the "GNU Radio" project. "GNU" is more
of an umbrella project, so when referring to our software, we always
say "GNU Radio".

As a recommendation: Although we do have a working Windows port, very
little of the GNU Radio development happens on Windows; most of it
happens on Linux, some on Mac OS X.
Since I don't know of anybody who has even tested gr-radar on Windows,
I'd recommend you start with familiarizing yourself with GNU Radio on
Linux, where it's trivial to install (for example, if you boot up a
Fedora Linux Live Image, you can just install it with a single command
line). Getting to know git would be worthwhile, too.

While that is certainly something that can take a while, this is just
the community introduction phase – so tell us a bit about yourself, for
example, what you know about radar so far, and what ideas you've had
when watching one of the demonstrations of gr-radar that you can find
on the internet.

Best regards,
Marcus