[Discuss-gnuradio] complex to mag^2 and squaring afterwards

From: Wayne Hilliard
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex to mag^2 and squaring afterwards
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 17:48:25 +0000

Hello,
In my massive googling (actually DuckDuckGoing I've come across information that suggests that after the complex to mag^2 operation and filtering you should pass the flow through both inputs of a multiple block to square it thus obtaining power.

Is this correct? or did I misunderstand the whole thing? I think all I have to do is the complex to mag^2. I am trying to find the reference now but it eludes me.

Thanks in advance!

Wayne Hilliard