Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Saving data to file periodically

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Saving data to file periodically
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 18:59:01 -0400

On 04/25/2019 05:46 PM, Ali Dormiani wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have a situation where I want to save data to a binary file every 15 minutes or so.

We want to keep the same flow-graph running indefinitely to prevent daughter-boards from being re-initialized. Thus, the obvious solution of writing a script that runs and stops the flow graph is a no go.

Is there an easy way to save a few seconds of streamed data to file periodically? I looked through some old threads that suggest custom blocks or using the c++ api to send stream commands or something. I'm hoping there is some "easy" way to do this within gnuradio-companion.

Thank you all for your time,

Ali

Use a file sink that writes to /dev/null. When you want to actually save data, change the filename to the file you want to save data in to. You can even control from an external program using control ports or the xmlrpc blocks that are built in to GRC.