Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNURadio On Raspberry Pi

From: Glen I Langston
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNURadio On Raspberry Pi
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 18:44:25 -0400

Hi

We’ve put our event detection on three Raspberry Pi 3B +
for confirming events in the forward direction (not side lobes).

I have a 8 GB image .iso that I could put on line this weekend.
Where is appropriate for such large files?  We installed everything
on one Pi then just copied the image to the other SD cards.

This is setup for Ubuntu with Gnuradio for use with Airspys and
RTL-SDR dongles.

The Pi 3B+ can just about eat all 6 MHz of event samples without
loosing many samples.  The Pi can not FFT the samples to make spectra
without loosing a large fraction of the samples.

Probably the 3B+ could deal with 2.4 MHz of bandwidth, but not
much more.

The band pass spectra still look good, but a large fraction of the
samples are lost (at 6 MHz bandwidth, 12 MHz samples).

We have these in boxes near our telescopes.

Image attached.

regards

Glen