Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tuning in VLF with a sound card

From: Albin Stigö
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tuning in VLF with a sound card
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 10:15:44 +0200

Hi Brad,

Just some random ideas... What you are trying to do is very doable. Ive seen a lot of people do it for VLF reception... Usually along with some kind of FET amplifier before the mic...

The frequency xlating FIR filter doesn't have great performance on the rbpi at the moment.
The frequency xlating FFT filter would be better in your case.

I'm working on a patch that will make these blocks 14 times faster on raspberry pi so that will also improve things...

--Albin