Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RPi Filesystem Image

From: Albin Stigö
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RPi Filesystem Image
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 19:26:49 +0200

Yeah I think raspbian is built to run on all versions of the raspberry pi so it's 32 bit and no neon...

I'm running Ubuntu server now built for aarch64 and especially the improvements in NEON makes it very attractive for SDR indeed..

--Albin

On Wed, May 8, 2019, 19:24 Philip Balister <address@hidden> wrote:
On 05/08/2019 01:15 PM, Albin Stigö wrote:
> An official gnuradio raspberry pi image or PPA would be really neat!
>
> Raspbian comes with an older version of gnuradio not properly optimized.

My understanding Raspbina was bult for the orginal armv6 Pi. The 3 is
aarch64 which is far more interesting for sdr.

Philip