Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Could This Be A Speed Problem? How Can I Make It

From: P C
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Could This Be A Speed Problem? How Can I Make It Faster
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 14:55:55 -0500

Kyeong Su Shin,

Wow, I think your "answer" gives a far more elegant solution to my problem.
I didn't know anything about Python Blocks.  I have been trudging through the "GNU Radio Manual and C++ API Reference" but haven't gotten close to that section yet.  I have done some searching but the hits that are returned are just a source of confusion because of incorrect or obsolete information or just lack of experience on my part.
Your search string displays better information then I have ever found.

As for the Throttle block, I don't think I need it.  I just stuck it in there to get rid of the warning.  My input File Source stream is created by the command line:
rtl_sdr -f 345000000 -s 1000000 /tmp/stream

I believe that if rtl_sdr command is creating samples at 1M/s and I decimate by 4 then convert to UChar I should be creating 250k bytes/sec to the File Sink.  If I understand things correctly that is.

Thanks,
Pete