Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM_TX_RX

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM_TX_RX
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 18:05:56 +0200

Hello Farid,
On Sat, 2019-05-25 at 15:59 +0100, farid mihoub wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the OFDM_tx, rx examples in gr-digital :
> 1- Why just a low level of noise affect the transmission and cause it
> to  stop.

"low" is relative. It seems it's high enough to cause packet losses,
iff it's actually the noise.

> 2- in the the Tx output and the Rx input no matter the value of the
> multiply constant we apply
>    that would not affect our transmission.

Then it's probably not only the noise!

> 3- Is there any way to separate channel estimation and tracking from
>    data transmission, sometime I get the error "invalid packet
> detected!" form the packet parser, also I need my data to bypass FEC
> and QAM.

Um, prior to QAM demodulation there is no data, and prior to FEC
decoding there is no information bits, so I'm not sure what you want?

>    My purpose is to stream raw complex data to the I/Q components
> directly.

Then it seems you don't want an OFDM transceiver but maybe just simply
a single IFFT? Not quite sure what you have in mind.

Best regards,
Marcus