Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [EXT] Re: Python3 or still Python 2.7?

From: Marc Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [EXT] Re: Python3 or still Python 2.7?
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:33:15 -0700

I suppose Windows will always be a poor relation. The current version of MSVC is "19". It's a real pain to downgrade the build environment.

Marc

On 6/17/2019 10:32 AM, Geof Nieboer wrote:
All,

Once 3.8 is ready, I'll first release a version that is built on 2.7,
primarily because that's what the scripts are built around at the
moment, and to split the upgrade into two steps.  That version should
support those who are looking for max compatibility.

Then I'll shift the scripts to point to 3.5.  In theory, that should
actually be significantly easier, because 3.5 (and therefore the
standard packages) are built w/ MSVC 14.0, the same versions the
scripts use for everything already.

Having said that, I'm open to feedback based on the community's needs.

Geof