Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Windows Errors with OsmoSDR

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Windows Errors with OsmoSDR
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 02:52:27 +0000

Hello Patrick:

Are you running a GNU Radio Python code? Or, are you running a GRC file using GNU Radio Companion?

If you are running a Python code generated from GNU Radio Companion, you should be running that code using "GNU Radio Command Prompt" (which comes with correct library PATH variables).

If you are running a GRC file using GNU Radio Companion, then I guess something is broken..

Also, please note that the GNU Radio Windows distribution comes with its own Python interpreter (which you can use by using GNU Radio Command Prompt", and does not touch or use the Python interpreter on your system.

Regards,

Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: W3AXL Patrick <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2019년 6월 25일 화요일 오전 10:50:11
받는 사람: address@hidden
제목: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Windows Errors with OsmoSDR

Hi all on the list,

I’ve been tearing my hair out trying to solve an issue I’m having with a clean install of GNURadio using the Windows builds.

When trying to run a simple flowgraph, with an RTL-SDR source connected to a frequency sink, I receive the following traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\Users\Patrick\Documents\top_block.py", line 29, in <module>

    import osmosdr

  File "C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\lib\site-packages\osmosdr\__init__.py", line 26, in <module>

    from osmosdr_swig import *

  File "C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\lib\site-packages\osmosdr\osmosdr_swig.py", line 17, in <module>

    _osmosdr_swig = swig_import_helper()

  File "C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\lib\site-packages\osmosdr\osmosdr_swig.py", line 16, in swig_import_helper

    return importlib.import_module('_osmosdr_swig')

  File "C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\gr-python27\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module

    __import__(name)

ImportError: No module named _osmosdr_swig

I think this is a problem with my PATH, or with the installation of GNURadio, but I can’t figure out how to fix it. There is almost no info on anyone else having errors like this with GRC so I’m stumped.

Additionally, on this clean install of GNURadio, I receive over a hundred of errors similar to this one during startup of GRC:

Warning: Block with key "xxx" already exists.

        Ignoring: C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\share\gnuradio\grc\blocks\xxx.xml

I feel as if these two issues might be related in some way.

I would appreciate any help. My system is running Win10 and I have the latest Python 2.7 installed.

Thanks to all,

Patrick