Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK][announcement] VOLK release impeding

From: Glen Langston
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK][announcement] VOLK release impeding
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 19:48:36 -0400

Hi Marcus and all

Thanks for all your efforts.

I've built gnuradio 3.7.13.4 successfully on a Raspberry Pi 4
and am saving an image of a 32GB SD card.   This image happens to
run perfectly fine on a Pi 3B+ as well.  And a copy on another PI 4 I just purchased.

I'm using AIRSPY and PlutoSDR dongles, but have not tried more advanced devices.

However I also tried building 3.8 and had all kinds of troubles.   CMAKE did not
work easily.  Eventually found an apt-get remove cmake followed
by an apt-get install cmake fixed that, but building cmake did not work.

Then I had trouble building Volk and several other components on the PI 4.

So, the upgrade path to 3.8 is not easy from the build-it-yourself point of view.

Will it be possible to get

apt-get install gnuradio3.8

to work? with the new volk?

On Raspberry pi 4, mostly I end up using generic versions of Volk in earlier version.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Glen

I'll post the location of the R PI 4, once I've confirmed that others can use it.