Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS information

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS information
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 15:26:50 -0400

On 08/08/2019 02:10 PM, Sara Kim wrote:
Hi,
I'm using gnu radio companion along with my USRP B200. I also have a GPSDO installed on the radio. Does the gps information get collected along with any frequency data I collect via gnu radio companion? Also, is it possible to display that information in the metadata header?

Thanks!

No, the GPS information is not carried along with samples. The underlying UHD driver does have a sensor interface.

If you look at the source code for the "query_gpsdo_sensors" UHD utility, you can see how they work, and gr-uhd does provide APIs for querying, etc. But none of this is inserted automatically as stream tags or anything.

https://www.gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1uhd_1_1usrp__source.html