Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue Receiving Messages Using Gr-IEEE-802-15-4

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue Receiving Messages Using Gr-IEEE-802-15-4
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 11:16:42 +0200

Hi,

there are quite a lot of "XBee" boards. Some of them support multiple
PHYs etc. So please make sure that the device is actually sending
standard compliant IEEE 802.15.4 frames on the channel that you are
tuned to. Use gr-fosphor to make sure that the device is actually
sending on the frequency that you are expecting.

The transceiver, by default, shows a loopback configuration. Make sure
it worked, i.e., it showed something in the PCAP file (you have to
enable the Wireshark block).
When switching to HW, disable the blocks that loop the samples back to
the PHY.

If you still have problems, try different gains, make sure the antenna
is connected to the correct port, make sure there are no overflows. If
you use an SDR with an uncompensated DC offset, you can also try offset
tuning.

If that also doesn't work, please provide more information.

Best,
Bastian