Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ffast-math

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ffast-math
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 10:26:46 -0700

To be fair, I was running on a 1GHz Cortex-A8, that only had vfp3 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHIP_(computer)#CHIP). I fully expect that you're going to need to spend some time going through all the different compiler flags (-Ofast, -march, -mcpu, -mtune, -ffast-math, -fthis-that-and-the-other) to figure out whether or not any knob makes the program run faster on that particular board, makes it use more efficient cpu instructions, or makes it produce (un)?acceptable solutions. Test suites are awesome.

Re: dump1090, I ran my test with the mutability version and since then I've switched to the flightaware fork since I run a few "piaware" sensors.