Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I can't get my gsl to link

From: Alan Corey
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I can't get my gsl to link
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 17:36:15 -0400

Ah, ok:
which ld
/usr/bin/ld
file /usr/bin/ld
/usr/bin/ld: symbolic link to /usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-ld.gold
ld --version
GNU gold (GNU Binutils for Debian 2.28) 1.14

I remembered as soon as I really thought about it, I built this
Firefox on here a month or so ago when I first got the machine.  You
sort of need to fiddle with gold and ninja. Mostly it's been a drop-in
replacement, this is the first problem I've had with it.  But by the
gold man page:
       --verbose
              Alias for --debug=files
so it was always expecting a file name following.  And:
ld --verbose
ld: fatal error: no input files

Maybe there's a way to see where gold searches, don't see it in the man page.

This may well explain my Gnuradio problem.  Everything but gsl seems
to work though.  I'll see if I can dig up the original ld.

Thanks for the Osmocom link.  I gather Osmocom can contain librtlsdr?
Maybe rtlsdr isn't usable as a Gnuradio source.   librtlsdr I've done
some playing around with trying to write a GUI sdr program that
doesn't use Gnuradio for small (mainly ARM) machines like the
Raspberry Pi.  And partly to teach myself how SDR works.  Working in
C, using fftw, doing graphics with a variety of methods for the
waterfall.

Mostly what I had in mind for documentation becoming obsolete was to
have the human  page author put a date in something when it's created.
That used to be in HTTP headers but wasn't very reliable because you'd
get the date it was last backed up or when it was pulled out of a
database.  I don't see it in this Firefox 70a1 (a nightly build) at
all.  A last edit date would also be good but a creation date would
put you in the ballpark.  I spent an hour or so following instructions
that turned out to be 9 years old.  I like old software in its place,
but not to try to mix with current stuff.

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX