[Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple Installs using Pybombs

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple Installs using Pybombs
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 07:28:16 -0700

Hello list,

I'm trying to get gnuradio 3.7 and gnuradio 3.8 installed side by side on my ubuntu18.04 virtual box. I think I'm missing a command because I'm having trouble with this.

I start by installing the 3.7 version as:
pybombs config --package gnuradio gitrev v3.7.13.5
pybombs prefix init /home/rbell/Documents/gnuradio/gr37 -a gr37 -R gnuradio-default

(note: pybombs fails at installing all required packages, I have to install cppunit manually and then it makes it through)

Then I try installing the 3.8 version as:
pybombs config --package gnuradio gitrev v3.8.0.0
  pybombs prefix init /home/rbell/Documents/gnuradio/gr38 -a gr38 -R gnuradio-default

Pybombs has some trouble installing required dependencies again at this point, the configuration fails. I see from the terminal output swift is missing, so I try installing it using

pybombs install apache-thrift

but I noticed that this package was installed to my gr37 prefix directory instead of the gr38 one. How do I fix this?