Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to convert a binary file input to a PMT?

From: Eamon Heaney
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to convert a binary file input to a PMT?
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 11:45:14 -0400

Bumping this, still can't figure out how to turn a binary file source into a PDU that I can transmit. Any advice would be appreciated.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019, 12:59 PM Eamon Heaney <address@hidden> wrote:
Attempting to transmit a wifi packet with gr-ieee802.11. I'm reading in the payload binary from a file source. The output of the file source block is a gr_stream. But the Wifi MAC block requires a gr_message input, which I gather to be in PMT format.

How can I turn my payload into something that the Wifi MAC block can understand? My current attempt, below, runs it through a stream-to-tagged-stream block and then a tagged-stream-to-PDU block, which feeds into a message strobe. This generates a flowchart fine but segfaults ~3 seconds into execution, so I must be doing something terribly wrong.

wifi_file_tx-help_me.png

Thanks!

--
Eamon Heaney