[Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS documentation recommendations

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS documentation recommendations
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 22:12:35 -0500

Greetings,

I have found four URLs giving instructions on using PyBOMBS:
<pre>
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/InstallingGR#Using_PyBOMBS
https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs/README.md
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/README.md
https://www.gnuradio.org/blog/2016-06-19-pybombs-the-what-the-how-and-the-why/
</pre>

In various comments in Discuss-gnuradio, I have concluded that most of the PyBOMBS users who have failed were due to using old or incomplete instructions. Also I think that most new users read the InstallingGR#Using_PyBOMBS instructions only.

As an advocate of having a single place to document instructions, I highly recommend picking one site for those instructions, and then having links to that page from all others. From what I see, the https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs/README.md page seems to be the logical choice since it is revised as PyBOMBS is revised.

If you choose to have the https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/InstallingGR#Using_PyBOMBS page contain the current instructions as well, I can convert the pybombs/README.md instructions to Mediawiki and put them in InstallingGR#Using_PyBOMBS.

Once you have decided what you want done, I can take care of the edits, if you would like.

Best regards,
--
Barry Duggan KV4FV