Re: upgrading to 3.8 (was: Re: Stream args on UHD USRP Sink)

From: Glen Langston
Subject: Re: upgrading to 3.8 (was: Re: Stream args on UHD USRP Sink)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 18:18:57 -0500

Hi Marcus and all super-heros,

Day 3 of trying to get gnuradio 3.8 to work with our custom code.

I've tried following the porting guide, but seem to continue to need
to apt-get or install this that and the other thing.

3.8 does seem to be installed.  and gnuradio companion is launching.
However none of our custom code is surviving the cmake step.

I've googled and installed different cmake versions. THese seem to go
into different places and do not replace my original cmake.

So for ubuntu 19.  where should cmake be installed and which version
is currently fashionable?

Thanks all

Glen

The porting guide seems helpful , particularly for cmake, but i'm
failing in various steps of cmake.
gr-modtool does seem to be working, but naturally does not actually
produce code that compiles.
(it has macros that do not compile).   It would be better if the full
cmake step worked after gr-modtool ran (with comments) for other
variable types.  I've not yet had the strength to tweak gr-foo to get
it to cmake.  Maybe tomorrow.