gr-ieee802-11 with USRP N210 and B200mini problems

From: hamzeh elsayed
Subject: gr-ieee802-11 with USRP N210 and B200mini problems
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 11:33:17 +0200

Dear all,

I installed the gr-ieee802-11 project and run the wifi_loopback.grc file and the output is correct. Then I edited the file to transmit and receive from socket using “socket PDU” block, also the output is correct. After that, I tried to transmit and receive from USRP SDRs, the following are the tested I done:

1-      I transmit and receive from the same SDR “B200mini” with the same configuration found in the wifi_transceiver.grc file.

a.       If the rx_gain and tx_gain are approximately 0.27 (normalized) and encoding BPSK 1/2 , then the sent data are received for (95%) and the constellation sink is approximately good.

b.       If the rx_gain and tx_gain are less than or greater than 0.27 and encoding BPSK 1/2 , then any data id not received and the constellation sink is very bad.

c.       If the encoding is anyone except BPSK ½ for example 16 QAM ½ etc.. any data is not received for any value of gain.

2-      I transmit and receive from the same SDR “N210” with the same configuration found in the wifi_transceiver.grc file. Any data is not received for any gain and encoding configurations.

3-      I transmit from USRP N210 and received from B200mini also any data is not received for any gain and encoding configurations.

4-      I transmit from USRP B200mini and received N210 from B200mini also any data is not received for any gain and encoding configurations.

Tests were done by using the following:

OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Gnuradio: 3.7.11

First SDR: USRP N210 with CBX daughter board

Second SDR: B200mini

Frequency: 2.415Ghz

Bandwidth: default (0)

Therefore,

1-      what are the best settings I have to select in order to transmit and receive data correctly for all cases?

2-      how to select the best gain for any SDR?

3-      Is there any relation between the SDR type and gain and the application?

4-      In general, where is the problem or the mistake I am doing?

in advance, thanks for your time and help.

Best Regards,

Hamzeh Elsayed