Re: gr-iqbal, gr-fosphor, gr-osmosdr updated to Gnuradio 3.8

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: gr-iqbal, gr-fosphor, gr-osmosdr updated to Gnuradio 3.8
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 09:07:32 +0100

> We use pkgconfig(gr-iqbal) style BuildRequires in our rpm spec files for
> installation during package builds where we can and are somewhat
> confused as to why you did this.

Because GR 3.8 doesn't use .pc files to determine which path to
include and which libs are needed to build and I don't like have two
independent "source of truth". New modules created by gr-modtool also
don't include pc files.

It uses some new CMake magic which I'm not entirely sure how it works
really but it seems it does. My understanding is it's automatically
generated from the scoping of the target_link_libraries /
target_include_directories (i.e. PUBLIC ones will be passed on to
children) using the whole autogenerated FindGnuradioIqbalance.cmake
thing that cmakes creates and installs automatically.

That should be enough for building or do you get link / include issues ?

> I have only looked at gr-iqbal so far, so if any of the others have had
> the same treatment then ... :)
>
> Oh yes and I could not find any path to a release tarball for
> gr-iqbal-0.38.1.
> If there is a spec. friendly one I would love to know where it is.
> I can normally find them in github or SF but cgit is another story.

There isn't, we disabled it in cgit.  Lots of crawlers wouldn't obey
the robots.txt and kept crawling the link and since that archive is
dynamically generated, it would overload the server with crawlers
trying to download every archive of every branch and every tag for
every projects ...

You either need to make and host your own, or download from the github
mirror ( https://github.com/osmocom/gr-iqbal/releases )

Cheers,

    Sylvain