Re: BER OF OFDM

From: CEL
Subject: Re: BER OF OFDM
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 17:32:39 +0000

Hi Madhan,
On Wed, 2020-01-29 at 06:13 -0800, Madhan TJ wrote:
> DEAR SIR,

several ladies on this mailing list, too!

> I am doing project on ofdm,so i need to calculate BER for different
> modulation techniques

Awesome, doing that sounds fine, because an OFDM system typically makes
it easy to find frames and thus achieve in- and output bitstream
synchronization so you can compare them

> While doing this i got Random values of BER for Modulation Techniques
> which is not relatable with theory

so, you've got a problem with your BER calculation

> PLS help me to figure out the error
> The screenshot and grc file is attached with this mail.

So, you're using blocks from the "deprecated" category: the OFDM Mod
and OFDM Demod.

Those are broken. Use the modern OFDM infrastructure. Examples of that
are found in /usr/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/rx_ofdm.grc,
tx_ofdm.grc, ofdm_loopback.grc (or wherever these are installed to on
your machine). NO, there's no way around this.

Also, don't use WX GUI, it's not maintained anymore, use Qt.

You might also want to upgrade to a non-legacy GNU Radio:

https://launchpad.net/~gnuradio/+archive/ubuntu/gnuradio-releases

Best regards,
Marcus