Re: Version compatibility problem

From: CEL
Subject: Re: Version compatibility problem
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 10:05:16 +0000

Hi Luke,

though I like that guide, I'd **really** recommend not building GNU
Radio from source on Ubuntu 19.10, unless you really need to (for
example, and that's why Ettus has such a guide, because you're using a
different UHD than what is available from Ubuntu).

On Ubuntu 19.10, it's really really really simple to get running GNU
Radio 3.8:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnuradio/gnuradio-releases
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install gnuradio

Done.

Hi Laura,
that's a manual installation outside your prefix; I think you really
might have had multiple GNU Radio 3.8 installations. Yeah, so honestly,
re-installing Ubuntu and using the method I described above instead of
trying to fix this (which definitely is possible, but not much fun) is
the faster way.

Best regards,
Marcus