Re: GSOC 2020

From: Sebastian Koslowski
Subject: Re: GSOC 2020
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 09:23:01 +0100

Hi Narayanan,

welcome here and thanks for your interest in GNU Radio and gr-radar. To get started with Python I'd use one the countless resources you find on the web. After that you would probably want to study the code of gr-radar itself (the tests usually use Python). For a general introduction to gr-radar there is also this blog https://grradar.wordpress.com/ and a bunch of videos on YouTube.

For a GSoC project that you'll be working on full-time for three months, I'd select some radar algorithm/method that really interests you and that you are confident you can implement in that time frame. Also, consider, that it is usually required to have access to suitable RF hardware for the duration of the summer (maybe at your school).

Sebastian