FEC Async Decoder with CC Decoder Definition

From: Massimo Isonni
Subject: FEC Async Decoder with CC Decoder Definition
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 09:52:44 +0100

Hi,

i'm having a  problem decoding some convolutionally encoded datas:

Datas are actually encoded with the following polinomials:

-x4+x3+1   -    (11001)
-x4+x2+x+1    -   (10111)

Decimals for those polynomials are 25 and 23 and based on CC Encoder Definition documentation found on the wiki Costraint Length (K) parameter should be 5 since polynomial grade is 4.

I 've tried Encoding and decoding the datas with the default parameters given with the Encoder and Decoder definition (79 and 109 poly and K=7) and everything works fine.
When i change the polynomials it won't decode the datas correctly.

My thought is that it may be due to the K parameter that should be set to 5 for those polynomials, however, while i can set it to 5 for the encoder with no problems, when i set K param to 5 in the CC Decoder Definition and run the program it will stop running immediatly, printing "Done" without any error message.

Trying with other values different from 7 the result is always the same. Execution of flowgraph stops immediatly.

I dunno how to set that parameter correctly.

Below i'll write how every parameter in encoder and decoder definition is set:

CC Encoder:
ID= encoder
Parallelism=0
FrameBits = 2048