GSoC 2020 Introduction for "DPD implementations"

From: Alekh
Subject: GSoC 2020 Introduction for "DPD implementations"
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 03:21:31 +0530

Hello GNURadio Community!!

                                            First of all, sorry for late introduction. I am Alekh Gupta, a C.S.E. undergraduate at NIT Hamirpur. I have been using GNU Radio since last 6 months and have done mini projects using it. I have been involved with it on github since February,2020.I have done some contributions too and am well versed with the coding style and source code of the gnuradio, grc and various modules. I have got my CLA process completed too.

   I am interested in working on implementation of "Digital Pre- Distortion" Algorithms and create a new OOT module consisting of blocks for Pre-Distortion to compensate for  using the gr_modtool and a GUI tool to observe the AM-AM and AM-PM responses as well. I am quite used to programming in C++, Python and has done some GUI projects and others too using Qt Creator and PyQt.My Github profile is-https://github.com/alekhgupta1441.

My Potential mentor is - Derek Kozel.

I have gone through the works of my potential mentor available in form of slides at: https://www.derekkozel.com/talks/FOSDEM2019_Digital_PreDistortion.pdf . I am also interested in integrating or involving the mentioned work at https://github.com/SrikanthPagadarai/gr-dpd if feasible since it has many extra dependencies than GNU Radio.I am also going to get my own USRP B210 soon!

I am interesting in implementing three algorithms :