Proper use of stream, on a re-occuring event

From: address@hidden
Subject: Proper use of stream, on a re-occuring event
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 17:01:58 +0000

I need to be able to grab a couple of samples at  after some time after a recurring event (step 2e below).   The current method seems to work at the moment, but was wondering if there was a better way.  I tried to read the documentation and example of proper use for this scenario, but I still don’t understand L

Also,   the time we need to read the samples is less than a millisecond,   can the USRP handle a transition of  a signal that dropped 20dB that fast?  How long would we have to wait after the power drop?

Current method:

1.  stream_cmd.stream_now = true

2.  while FOREVER

a.  Wait for re-occurring Event

b.  Wait for X amount of time

c.  stream_cmd.stream_mode = UHD_STREAM_MODE_START_CONTINUOUS;

d.  uhd_rx_streamer_issue_stream_cmd(rx_streamer, &stream_cmd)

e.  uhd_rx_streamer_recv(....)

f.  stream_cmd.stream_mode = UHD_STREAM_MODE_STOP_CONTINUOUS;

g.  uhd_rx_streamer_issue_stream_cmd(rx_streamer, &stream_cmd);

h.  Process Samples

  endwhile