Digital modulation 'constellation modulator' output.

From: Khalilur Rahman
Subject: Digital modulation 'constellation modulator' output.
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 10:40:54 +0200

Hello Guys,
I was studying the digital modulation in regards to GNU Radio. I have one confusion which I really need to get over with.

Let say, I am using BPSK modulation for processing low-frequency baseband  I- signal. After the digital modulation, the output I-signal is digital or analog type? Yes, as baseband signal it is obviously analog. I mean the output type of constellation modulator. If I put a time sink it will show as an analog signal but my study partner said it is digital. Same with QPSK or QAM. I know this is very basics but I did not find any answer.
We need to generate baseband from GNU Radio and sink this signal through an embedded processor for further signal processing. If the constellation modulator gives an analog signal then we have to first convert signal through ADC. We are very much new on GNU Radio.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Khalil