Making OOT C++ module and the output does not correspond to input

From: George Edwards
Subject: Making OOT C++ module and the output does not correspond to input
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 10:25:01 -0600

Hello,

I am building an OOT C++ module and I write a signal processing algorithm in the "work method" as suggested. However, the QA test gave me a ridiculous output.

I do the usual as recommended by the Gnuradio tutorials to bind the input_items and output_items to "in" and "out". Because of the ridiculous output, I simplify the signal processing to a single "while" loop. My actual algorithm has both "while" and "for" loops and the conditional "if" statement. I am working with a "tagged streams" so I assume it reads in everything after the tag (until it sees the tag again, but I am sending one tagged stream with 10 bytes of data to be processed in the while loop). My trivial signal processing is as follows:

const uint8_t *in = (uint8_t *) input_items[0];
uint8_t *out = (uint8_t *) output_items[0];
int i = 0;
while ( i < 10)    // I input 10 values in the QA test
   {
        out[i] = in[i];
        i = i + 1;
    }
In the QA test, I expected an output that is identical to10 values of 1's and 0's which formed the input test vector, instead the output consists of over 98k 0's. This is crazy!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
George