Re: Custom Header Format object in OOT module

From: Alex Roberts
Subject: Re: Custom Header Format object in OOT module
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:12:29 -0500

Think I finally found the answer to my problem in this old thread: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2015-07/msg00618.html

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 12:18 PM Alex Roberts <arob109@gmail.com> wrote:
Any one have thoughts on this? Haven't been able to to get it working yet.

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 4:56 PM Alex Roberts <arob109@gmail.com> wrote:
I’m trying to define my own customer header format object by inheriting from header_format_base but when i try to use it I get the following errors depending:

If just instantiating without namespace
value “header_format_custom” can not be evaluated: name “header_format_custom” is not defined.

if instantiating with OOT modules namespace

‘oot.header_format_custom’ cannot be evaluated:
module object had no attribute ‘header_format_custom’

Tried creating a variable block for grc similar to the Default Header Fmt Obj. block

I’d rather keep this in an OOT namespace than modify a local gr-digital.