Re: GPIO lines on RPi4

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: GPIO lines on RPi4
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 06:44:19 +0000

I am definitely not knowledgeable about Python so I might be missing
the basics: as I want to include a TCP server for tuning the acquisition
parameters, it seems to me (but I might be wrong) that the Python Module
is more appropriate than the Python Snippet which seems to add a piece
of code to the main() Python flowgraph function.
The TCP server in the Python Module I have written must change the USRP LO
frequency so in my Python Module I
import t
since t is my GRC flowchart name and I create tt=t.t() which allows me to
change e.g. the LO frequency variable f with tt.f=tt.f+10000 or change the
LO frequency itself by calling tt.set_f(tt.f). This is all good in a CLI
application
as the one running on the RPi4, and working nicely.
However for educational purposes I wanted to demonstrate the same principle with
a Qt Application and in this case I get the error message
QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QWidget
which I assume is due to the definition of the class
class t(gr.top_block, Qt.QWidget):
requiring a Qt.QWidget when I define tt=t.t() which is not yet defined as
    Qt.QApplication.setGraphicsSystem(style)
    qapp = Qt.QApplication(sys.argv)

Is there a proper way of accessing the variables and the functions of the main
GRC
flowchart from my Python Module, also applicable in the case of a Qt
Application ?

Thanks, JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe,
25000 Besancon, France