Re: Question regarding transmission of a tone using QPSK

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Question regarding transmission of a tone using QPSK
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 21:03:11 -0400

Depending on your sample rate and tone frequency, that plot would be correct.

The analog signal needs to be encoded somehow as data before transmission. While you could feed an audio file 2 bits at a time into a QPSK modulator, it's pretty unlikely that you will be able to recover the audio. If you're thinking of "transmitting audio", look into audio codecs. If you're thinking of sending a wav file, you're really just sending packets. Either way, you will need a complete chain that includes error correction, clock recovery, etc.