Re: aliasing with X310 BasicRX (higher order Nyquist zone) ?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: aliasing with X310 BasicRX (higher order Nyquist zone) ?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:19:00 -0400

On 07/20/2020 07:37 AM, jean-michel.friedt@femto-st.fr wrote:
I'd like to analyze a higher Nyquist zone with a X310 fitted with a BasicRX:
trying to listen at 143.5 MHz (GRAVES), I can transpose by 100 MHz but am still
far from the ~8 MS/s sampling I can use on the Gb Ethernet interface. Since the
signal is only in the third Nyquist zone, I'd like to tell the BasicRX/DDC *not*
to anti-alias (CIC filter ?) the received signal. It tried playing with the
Bandwidth parameter of the USRP Sink but no improvement there.

Is there a way to alias on purpose the signal with X310+BasicRX ?

Thanks, JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe,
25000 Besancon, France

The X310 has a 200MHz ADC clock by default, so 143.5MHz would be in the 2nd Nyquist zone, would it not?