Re: GRC max sample rate

From: Koyel Das (Vehere)
Subject: Re: GRC max sample rate
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 19:15:07 +0000

Hi Marcus,

Good that you replied my email. Since you work on Radio Astronomy as I heard from Neel, I want to ask you something. By using USRP I saw that without any special configuration the phases of any two channels of USRP 2955 are phase coherent and the phase difference value is constant for a stationary source in one run of the application. However, for phase aligned operation that is instrumental phase difference between two channels to be zero we need LO sharing and time commands. So suppose I don’t phase align the system and find delay- rate spectrum then what impact the instrumental phase offset between two channels will have on the delays of sources in the DR spectrum. Will the offset add an additional delay to every source by a fixed amount or this will have some random effects on the delays of the sources in DR spectrum. You may be knowing but still, in delay-rate, rate stands for Doppler shift.

Regards,
Koyel