Re: BladeRF 2.0 Micro - Using Bias Tees with GRC

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: BladeRF 2.0 Micro - Using Bias Tees with GRC
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:36:04 -0400

On 08/10/2020 01:49 PM, Alex Batts wrote:
Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone that has used the bladeRF 2.0 micro with the bias tees was able to keep the bias tees enabled once executing a GRC flowgraph. I am able to enable the bias tees with the bladeRF-cli commands, but once I execute a GRC flowgraph they become disabled.

Note: I recognize this is not exactly the best question for these forums, but I have tried contacting Nuand four times over the last week and a half, both through phone and email, and I have tried posting to their forums (any forum post has to be approved by a moderator), and I have had no luck with any of the attempts. So I was wondering if anyone else on here has had a similar experience and solved their issue.

I'm running Ubuntu 20 on an RPi4 8GB.

Thank you in advance,

Alex
Given that Gnu Radio creates a brand-new session with the device, it's not surprising to me that "device init" turns off the bias-T.

But I'll note that the gr-osmosdr driver for BladeRF includes a "biastee" device argument, which if present turns on the bias tee.